Last spring, seven bundles—each containing three books—were deposited on the stairs of our three unit building in West Town. There must be a way to specify, reduce or eliminate phone book delivery, right?
Turns out DexKnows offers ‘Select Your Dex’. After filling out the requested information, we opted to eliminate phone book delivery to our unit. It worked! This year we received a door tag indicating our preference to no longer receive printed books.
- Go here: dexknows.com/selectyourdex
- Enter your zip code, and click the ‘Proceed to Select Your Dex’ button
- On the next page, select ‘Proceed to Select Your Dex’ button, again
- You’ll be asked to submit your name, address and email
- Choose how many copies of each local directory you wish to receive—zero to 4 copies—and submit your request
Here is another site that allows you to specify your preferences for other local phone books:
Happy Earth Day 2011.